Aug 10, 2011

I don't think you're ready...

...for this jelly. Love me some Beyonce, work it gurlllll.

So the lovely Tara over at xcfoodie.wordpress.com tagged me with the Bootylicious award, and I got SO excited I may have done a little happy dance... Seriously though, this girl is amazing. Even though I just started this lil blog, I've read hers religiously for awhile now (#creeper.) She's such a baller runner and just a sweetheart all around!

Lez go

Name 3 things sitting next to you right now:

I'm actually sitting outside right now, basking in the sun, and trying to keep my tan. Try being the key word...Jergens natural glow is my best friend. So since I'm on my deck, I have some seashells from the beach, a hummingbird feeder, and my Bucknell long-sleeve t-shirt chillin near me. So random.

Name 2 foods you can’t live without:
Phs, 2?! 2?!! Please. I like Tara's idea of picking one from each food group because, well, I love food and I can't narrow things down or I get realll nervous.
Honeycrisp apples may just be my favorite fruit, which is really saying something because there is not one kind of fruit I don't like. Perfect for snacks, and so easy to throw into my bag!
As far as veggies are concerned, well, I used to LOATHE them (the horror!) Now, I'm obsessed with red pepper. It's so fun to eat and really crunchy! [sidenote, never bring red pepper to the quiet floor in the libs. people need to chilllll all i'm sayin']
Grains-wise, my entire diet is pretty much one giant carb (bad meg!), but bread is pretty much my life. Warm bread? Swoon. I really like whole wheat, rye, and italian bread. Actually, 99% sure there isn't a bread I don't like.

This is a stretch, but hear me out. For my meat/legume category, chickpeas are legumes, right? And hummus is made from chickpeas. So, I pick hummus! Seriously, I've been known to make hummus a meal. Chop up some veggies (red pepper!), give me a container, and I will be one happy camper.
Diary: Greek yogurt. You really don't want to know how much greek yogurt I eat. It's kind of a sick obsession. Like, you know those people with weird fetishes like obsessed with feet? Well, that's me and my chobs. I really like the 0%, but I always add something sweet, like granola or cereal! Mix it all up and I'm in heaven. Also, honorable mention, FRO YO! With rainbow sprinkles, obvi.
Fats: PEANUT BUTTER! I'm seriously addicted. I used to be kind of very nervous eating peanut butter because of how much fat blah, blah, blah. Thank goodness I saw the light because breakfast is not breakfast without a peanut butter spoon (one of the best ways to eat it, in my opinion!).

Name 2 things you can’t live without:
Running. Even though we're in kind of a love-hate relationship right now, I really do love running. That being said, I love getting my sweat on in a bunch of other ways too. More recently, I've been into long walks, short sprints, and LIFTING! I've never felt so strong. Strength is beautiful! Gettin' jacked, yo.

This is going to sound ridiculous, but my little beauty:
Ah, the wonders of Blackberrys. It is just SO convenient to get all of my emails/texts/BBMs/tweets, in one simple place. I'm kind of attached. I feel like I should name it.

Name 2 people you can’t live without:
I'm going to cheat and pick two categories.
1) Family. Even though they can sometimes be a bit crazy and my extended family practically lives with us (not exaggerating), I don't know what I'd do without them. My mom, dad, brother, grandma/grandpa, and uncle mean the world to me.
2) Friends.



Name one thing you did today:
I went to the mall! I hit up Forever21. This store is really hit or miss, but today it was a resounding HIT!
Except all black!


I LIVE in leggings.



2 things you learned from the Healthy Living Community:
Eat more, and you won't die. Probably, you'll be happier.

This was HUGE for me. I used to only eat when I was REALLY hungry, but now I realize for the amount of activity I do, I need to constantly fuel. I really saw this reading other girls' blogs who are active, it was kind of a shocker. I'm still working on having a solid breakfast before I work out in the morning, but I'm making progress!

Being "healthy" isn't weird.

So often in college, people will almost interrogate me why I'm having a salad and not a burger and fries. I never pass judgment on what others are eating, so I find it frustrating when people won't let it go. I started to wonder if maybe I was an anomaly and I shouldn't be eating healthy foods. HA! That sounds funny even to type. But discovering this community really has confirmed that it is okay to honor my body and eat what makes me feel good! And let me tell you I feel much better after I have oatmeal for breakfast, rather than 3 doughnuts (and trust me, I have).

As far as tagging goes, since I'm really new to this whole thing, and am pretttty sure a lot of you have already done this, I tag anyone who wants to participate! And you SHOULD! It was really, really fun!
 
Have a great evening!

    4 comments:

    1. Hey girly,
      Thankyou so much for commenting on my blog because now I've found yours! I absolutely love it!! Food and fashion together like mine!! <3 and you are beautiful! :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Okay, so now I know that we are actually twins. I totally should have thought of hummus as my protein! And i could swim in a sea of greek yogurt, though my diet is also one big carb. Oh and I love forever 21 I need to get there desperately.
      Thanks for the shoutout and kind words! You're awesome/bootylicious <3

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hey girlllll, thanks for the comments you've been leaving on my blog, because now I'll definitely be following yours :D I loved what you learned from the healthy living community. I definitely agree that it made me realize just how much I should be eating, and that there's nothing wrong with being healthy. Easy to forget when you're surrounded by people who are constantly dieting and not necessarily doing the best things for their bodies =\

      ReplyDelete
    4. I really like your answer for the last one 'eat more, and you won't die'...couldn't have said it better :)

      Being healthy is definitely not weird, it's a lifestyle choice!

      ReplyDelete