Aug 13, 2011

Simple Pleasures

I loved all of your comments on my last post guys--I love getting to know you all! You da best.

So, today was a lovely day in megland, just chock full of simple pleasures.

I woke up this morning by myself, no alarm needed! Winning #1. Winning #2, 55 degrees outside! So I went for "a little run" as I told my mom...
Before, why hello shower curtain how nice to see you.
Goober
After
Somehow, my "little run" turned into 8 miles, all glorious. Dear leggies, I love you so so much and will keep feeding you copious amounts of peanut butter and honey nut cheerios. Love, Meggy
Then, after my little jaunt, I decided to paint my nails. Can you guess which color I went with?
After this, I had to pit stop at my grandmas to drop off a watermelon (only in my life would this happen) and she proposed school supply shopping. Grandma, you know me too well. A chance to shop?! Sign me up! Also I got so excited that in ONE WEEK I will be reunited with this place:
No words.
Of course, afterward I needed to refuel with some fro-yo (peanut m&ms and rainbow sprinkles as toppings, if you were curious). Also, the fact that my grandma saw purple spandex and said "you need to get those" just makes me love her that much more, aw.

After I got home, I broke into, embarrassingly, what may have been my favorite purchase. Carmex is the jam! I cake religiously apply this stuff on religiously, until my mom asks me what's that white stuff on my lips and then I back off a little. But still. It's amaze. Also, please ignore that I am still in my running clothes. It is summer, plus my grandma will always love me no matter what.
AND one of my mom's homegrown tomatoes was finally ripe enough to eat! Enjoyed in a salad tonight. Mmm mmm mm. Then I went for a lovely walk around the neighborhood and saw little kids camping in the front yard! At 7 pm! Too adorable for words, I wanted to join. I mean, where there's a tent, there's bound to be smores, right?!
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- What was your favorite "simple pleasure" today?
What's your favorite kind of chapstick?

1 comment:

  1. Looove simple pleasures :D It's those small everyday things that really add so much to life. My simple pleasure today would be going out this evening to grab a coffee with my mom. I don't get to see her that often, so it's nice to spend some mother/daughter time together :D But I totally agree that painting your nails and shopping for school supplies is the bomb. I always want new notebooks, pens, and planners, even if my old ones are still good lol.

    ReplyDelete