Aug 7, 2011

Sunday Funday

Hello!


So, another Sunday. Sundays are always my day off of running...and more often than not I end up feeling, well, restless. I'm a crazy girl about endorphins and something just feels off without those lil guys to get my day started. But I know my body needs a break so I do it. Plus I have more time! So what do I do on my rest days?

1) Sleep.
I need a cuddle buddy.
Well, not really. I'm basically hardwired to wake up at an ungodly hour. I used to hate it, but now I embrace it. On Sundays I lie (lay? Who knows.) in bed for awhile and wake up casually. So relaxing. But then I get bored and either...


2) Eat.


I'm usually always hungry. So I mosey out of bed and make what some of you may know as "overnight oats" except mine aren't overnight because this girl doesn't do food prep.  In the morning, I take 1/3 C oats, however much plain Chobani I'm feeling, some Truvia and mix. This take approximately one minute as opposed to about 12 hours...pat on the back for efficiency. Then I put whatever random things I can find on top, usually fruit or cereal (my favorite. will discuss in a separate post later). Usually I have a few spoonfuls of peanut butter because I am addicted. Like 1/2 jar in 3 days addicted. Oops. If I'm not hungry yet (which almost never happens) I...


3) Read.
I'm currently reading Nicholas Sparks' Safe Haven. I wasn't so sure when I checked it out at the library (Yes, I'm oldschool. Free books hollla) if I'd like it, but I mean, it's free, so I snatched it up. I hate to admit it, but I can't put this sucker down. I won't give the plot away, but it's pretty inspiring and incorporates a lot of girl-power (thumbs up). I'm about 50 pages until the end, and knowing Nic I'll inevitably be crying, but it's definitely worth a read.


4) Bake.
If you know me, I don't cook. Hell, I can barely work a toaster. But I do like to bake...usually something of the muffin or cookie variety.  Recently I made "healthified" banana cookies that I adored...they may or may not have been gone in two days. I just followed a recipe from allrecipes, but I made a few changes (typical).


3 ripe bananas (almost black)
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped ew dates. I omitted this. I was going to put in some chocolate chips, but we ran out. But that'd be delish!
1/3 cup vegetable oil 1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
+1 teaspoon nutmeg
+2 teaspoons cinnamon
  
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). 
In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, applesauce, vanilla, and spices. Mix well,  allow to sit for 15 minutes. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. 
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly brown.
 
You can really do a lot with this recipe and adjust it to your tastes. I think next time I'm going to add some peanut butter! #issues... When my mom gets frustrated that it's 90 degrees out and I have the oven on, I...


5. Play tennis. I miss this so much! I played for a LONG time in high school, but at school I only play club. I drag my lil bro with me, and we just hit back and forth. It's kind of refreshing to hit something with a racket, really hard, multiple times. It let's out any frustration, ya know? When I get tired, recently I come home and


6. Craft.

When I go back to school in 13 days (not counting or anything), I'm going to be helping out with rush. This means lots of rah-rah cheers, bows, and sorority squats. But the MOST exciting part will be having a little! I'm getting a head start on crafting...and let's just say my mom physically removed the puffy paint from my hand last night. Not to worry though, I have a back-up stash for moments like these. Dear little, if you ever read this, don't mind my obsession with glittery gold and hearts.



And so my friends, I am off to do one of the aforementioned activities. Hopefully finished the book. I'll let you know if I approve of the ending!

1 comment:

  1. Meg!!! This is soo great! I loved your introduction and day-by-day ;) Keep posting so I can read more about since we can't hang out :( ahhh... see you soon!

    -Zack

    ReplyDelete